Symantec provides security products and solutions to protect small, medium, and enterprise businesses from advanced threats, malware, and other cyber threats. Recently, Symantec aqcuired Blue Coat.
Blue Coat is the leader in Web Security, delivering access control, advanced threat protection, network forensics and security analytics for the Enterprise. It offers innovative technology to protect enterprises and their users against cyber threats – whether they are on the network, on the web, in the cloud or mobile.
The Blue Coat Security Platform is purpose-built for the Cloud Generation, meaning it protects users and data regardless of:
- the Device – Protect Users and Data Regardless of Device
- the Network – Protect Users and Data Regardless of Network Being Used
- the Application – Protect Users and Data Regardless of Application
Blue Coat protects and serves over 15,000 organizations every day, including over 70% of the Fortune Global 500. Blue Coat delivers an integrated security platform that addresses the evolving network, security & cloud requirements – with six advanced solutions that work equally well with on-premise and virtualized / cloud environments:
- Proxy-based traffic inspection and policy enforcement
- Encrypted traffic management
- Advanced threat protection
- Incident response, analytics & forensics
- Web application protection
- Network performance optimization
In 2015, Blue Coat acquired Elastica, the most reliable CASB solution on the market, to enhance their security proposition.
Elastica’s fundamental idea is that cloud services have to be secure and confidential for businesses and for their employees, without any blind spots. Elastica’s goal was to provide a simple and elegant security operations center for cloud services: the CloudSOC solution. Ever since, it has reimagined cloud security with the application of machine learning and advanced data science in order to provide scalable, comprehensive security solutions with elegant visualization.
Elastica delivers a Cloud Security Access Broker (CSAB) solution. The modular design of the CloudSOC platform lets you tailor your solution by adding one or more Elastica Apps when needed:
- Audit: The ability to audit hundreds of cloud services that your employees have already adopted, whether they are accessed from mobile devices on the road or from desktop computers in the office. Evaluate which applications are business-ready for your enterprise.
- Detect: Advanced machine learning and data science can do the job for you! They detect threatening activities and users in your cloud services. Focus on threats without having to go through billions of historical cloud service usage records.
- Investigate: Accomplish forensic analysis and post-incident investigations across all historical transactions for your cloud services and applications. Perform deep dive analysis for compliance, HR or legal initiatives and make sure cloud-based data is never outside the sphere of enterprise analysis.
- Protect: Protect your cloud services by using intuitive over-all policies that will translate more specific policies across multiple cloud services at the same time. This way you exclude complexity because there is no more need to translate policies individually over your applications.
Get in Touch
Do you have a question, comment or are you looking for more information about this particular topic? Please contact us by using this contact form. We will come back to you as soon as possible. Or by mail: [email protected]