Extreme Networks bought the Avaya Networking business. Now what?
Friday, July 14th 2017: the transaction for the sale of ‘Avaya Networking’ to Extreme Networks has been concluded. You might wonder what impact this has on the SecureLink portfolio and how to proceed with your ongoing networking projects or upcoming challenges.
First of all, we’re happy to inform you the Avaya networking activities will be gradually transferred to Extreme Networks over the coming weeks, first in the US, with other regions such as Europe following shortly thereafter. The sale includes the complete Avaya Networking portfolio of wired, wireless, management and award-winning Fabric Networking software.
For the time being the closing of the transaction will have no impact in terms of operational and commercial support for Avaya networking solutions. In that respect, please note the following;
- Your Avaya contacts for all networking related questions/matters remain, as well as the experts at SecureLink.
- Extreme Networks will honor all Support and Managed Networking Services contracts booked before the official closing date. SecureLink remains your prime contact for support and/or maintenance questions.
- New Networking Orders: All remains “business as usual” until further notice. Avaya partners will continue to use the existing processes and logistics for ordering new Avaya networking products and related services until Extreme Networks are ready to take up orders directly.
Secondly, we’d like to share some other practicalities:
- Although Avaya is already migrating to the new branding (the Extreme Networks branding), all existing series will be available until further notice (and at least until the end of 2017).
- The Avaya Support portal will be active for the upcoming 12 months.
- We’re expecting following exciting milestones in November 2017:
- Avaya SPB will be supported by all Extreme Networks solutions; meaning the Extreme Networks WLAN and EXOS switches included.
- The Extreme Networks EMC Management Platform will be able to manage all ‘so-called Avaya solutions’, so including the existing Avaya WLAN and switches.
Thank you for your confidence in Avaya networking, now Extreme Networks and SecureLink. SecureLink will offer continuous support on these solutions under the Extreme Networks brand and is happy to answer your questions in case you have any. Don’t hesitate to contact us!Do you have any questions about the sale of Avaya Networking to Extreme Networks? Do not hesitate to contact us.